Use your expertise in teaching English to Korean speakers to help bring English language education to the world.
Duolingo is looking for an ESL/EFL expert who has native or near-native proficiency in English and Korean, who has experience teaching English to Korean speakers, and who has experience developing language learning curricula. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to develop creative course content for an online English course that is aligned with the standards of the CEFR and designed for Korean-speaking English learners.
- Develop a scope and sequence for the course and write content for beginning English language learners in cooperation with members of Duolingo’s learning sciences team.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that course material is fun and engaging.
- Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities.
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- MA in TESOL/related field or TESOL certificate and equivalent experience
- Experience teaching English as a second/foreign language to Korean speakers
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong working proficiency in Korean
- Ability to work at least 20 hours a week
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in education, TESOL, or a related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Korean
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR)
- Experience in team teaching, supervision of others, and/or project management